Sunday, August 05, 2007

BUD STANLEY SCHAEFFER


During my trip with the Ventures for Victory/Sports Ambassadors last July 13-26, 2007 at Quezon Province, I had the chance to worked with the living legend Bud Stanley Schaeffer. Bud was a member of the first Ventures for Victory/Sports Ambassadors team that went to the Philippines last 1952 under Coach Don Odle of Taylor University. He was the only non-Taylor University player that joined the team.

Since then, Bud has been coming with the Ventures team to the Philippines almost every year to play our Olympic teams and commercial teams in Manila. One of the players he could not forget was Caloy "The Big Difference" Loyzaga of the Philippines. Bud said that every time Caloy would play his team would always win.

It was really a great experience for me working with Bud. His passion for the game and love for the filipino people encouraged me a lot. I was always excited to hear from Bud the many stories he shared to me during our trip. Bud now is 80 years old and I am not sure if I will have the chance to work with him again. But those thirteen days was very precious to me and I was thankful to the Lord for the time I spent with Bud.

To Bud, thank you so much for coming and most of all loving the filipino people. I would always treasure the time we spent together during the trip.

I salute you Bud & Alice Schaeffer...

God bless you!

No comments: