Monday, May 29, 2006

My Friend Richard...


It has been almost six (6) years that my friend Richard Henderson and I have been working together with Philippine Challenge doing Sports & Recreation Ministry.

Our relationship as partners in our ministry has gone a long way. We both are passionate in our line of work. And one thing I like very much with my friend Richard is that he has really adapted to the culture especially how ministry is done in the Philippines. I know sometimes as a missionary to the Philippines, he continue to face some culture shock. With Richard flexibility is always part of his system that’s why he and his family has stayed in our country for more than fifteen (15) years now.

Richard and I already had so much experience doing sports ministry together but we still believe we have so much more to learn.

Last week, Richard and family went back to the United States of America for their regular furlough. Which means that I would be handling our sports ministry alone for awhile. Usually things are not the same without Richard but I have to face reality. I know he will be back early next year, so I would be looking forward to his return.

I’m really going to miss my partner, but for sure both of us will be praying for each other.

So to my friend Richard & Marla, thanks for the love and friendship…

No comments: