Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Missions trip to Saranggani, Zamboanga & Basilan


By the time you will be reading this blog, I am still in the mission field. Currently, I am visiting the areas of Saranggani Province, Zamboanga City and Basilan. This places right now are experiencing some unrest where thousands of people have evacuated their homes and seek refuge in safe places. Hundreds have already been killed during the firefight between the government forces and the rebels called Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). This problem has been going on for decades but for the past three weeks the MILF has launch a massive attached on the government forces which has affected the civilians in the area.

A lot of pastors and christians in the different areas have also been affected. I have made a commitment to visit my tribal friends every year. Hopefully my visit even for a short time would bring some encouragement to these tribal christians to trust the Lord for peace in their area.

Please continue to pray for our safety and God will use me to minister to my tribal friends.

I will keep you posted.

Ptr. Gary V.


No comments: